Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that has spread in your house or business is the real issue. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to stop mold infiltrating your house. You should be concerned as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the strain of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the best way to treat it and carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, the prime option is to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services partnered with basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your dwelling on top of major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it lives in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your house healthy and safe from the most insidious molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in porous, damp environments such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is fortunate, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold environments and moves quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in soft goods and thrives and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services necessary to remove insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.